Each computer on which you install any PlayIt Software application needs to be activated. Each computer has a unique 'Machine Code' which is generated based on various hardware details about your computer.
To activate a product offline (e.g. PlayIt Recorder), you will need your computer name and machine code. These values can be found using the following method:
- Download the PlayIt Recorder installer.
- Install PlayIt Recorder on the computer on which you want to use it.
- Run PlayIt Recorder from the start menu or desktop.
You will be asked to activate the software:
- Click Activate Offline...
- Make a note of the computer name and machine code.
On a computer with an internet connection visit:
- You may need to log in, or create an account – this should not take more than a few minutes.
- Select the product you are activating from the list.
- Enter your computer name and machine code.
- Click Generate Licence Key.
A licence will be generated for you:
- Make note of your Client ID and Licence Key.
- On the computer you are installing PlayIt Recorder, enter your Client ID and Licence Key.
- Click the Activate button.
- PlayIt Recorder will now launch.
Your licence key is valid for one year from the date of generation. After that, just generate a new licence and re-enter as above.