PlayIt Recorder: Change Log / Previous Versions
From this page you can download previous or beta versions of PlayIt Recorder. Please note, there is no guarantee that data will be compatible with future or past versions. If you have already installed a version, please ensure you back up your data before installing another version.
02 Dec 2019 (v2.01.2.522)
- Upgrading BASS audio engine to resolve occasional hangs and crashes
31 Oct 2019 (v2.01.2.517)
15 Oct 2019 (v2.01.1.515) (BETA)
- Support for loopback (output device) recording
- Licencing system updated. If you have an offline key you will need to re-generate a new key.
- Added the ability to remove data and settings when uninstalling.
23 Sep 2019 (v2.00.2.506)
- Updating signing certificate
15 Aug 2018 (v2.00.2.407)
09 Aug 2018 (v2.00.1.405) (BETA)
- Fixing issue recovering WAV recordings larger than 2GB
06 Aug 2018 (v2.00.1.401) (BETA)
- Added ability to record to different folders based on file naming pattern.
- Added ability to start PlayIt Recorder when you log into your computer.
- Added option to create desktop shortcut via installer.
- The licencing method has been updated, just log in. The software no longer needs to be relicensed every year.
- Logo and icons have been updated for a fresher look.
- The VU meter has been updated to be consistent with PlayIt Live.
- The Close warning dialog is now positioned correctly when exiting from the notification area.
13 Aug 2017 (v1.05.2.213)
- Fixing issue where file cleanup did not always work
23 Oct 2016 (v1.05.2.192)
13 Oct 2016 (v1.05.1.174) (BETA)
- Fixing startup issue when trying to repair incomplete WAV recordings.
19 Sep 2016 (v1.05.1.172) (BETA)
- Fixing crash when loading schedule items that had been modified.
- Fixing crash around filename formatting for some locales, such as French.
31 Aug 2016 (v1.05.1.169) (BETA)
- Fixing installer as this had a missing file that prevented PlayIt Recorder from starting up for some users.
30 Aug 2016 (v1.05.1.166) (BETA)
- Adding ability to schedule daily recordings every hour, simplifying the process of creating a single programme recording every hour of every day.
- Adding additional filename formats for 12-hour clock and day and month names.
- Adding default name for quick recording so name is not required to be entered before recording.
- Alignment with the same scheduler used by PlayIt Live.
- Fully fledged documentation.
- Various scheduling UI fixes.
07 Mar 2016 (v1.04.0.145)
- Fixing issue where recorder would intermittently crash after making a large number of recordings.
22 Sep 2014 (v1.04.0.143)
- Adding ability to launch multiple instances to record different schedules or audio devices. Use the command line arguments /Multiple /CustomApplicationDataPath="C:\Path\To\Folder" to store application data in different locations.
22 Sep 2014 (v1.03.0.142)
- Fixing issue which caused some recordings not to run for a few hours after midnight in some timezones.
22 Jan 2014 (v1.03.0.138)
- Fixing various time zone issues
15 May 2013 (v1.02.0.129)
- Fixing bug where some recordings stopped or did not start at midnight.
22 Feb 2012 (v1.02.0.119)
- Adding spinning icon when recording is in progress
- Bug fixes and memory leaks
05 Nov 2011 (v1.01.0.98)
- Adding option to add extra time to the start and end of recordings (bleed time)
- Adding tooltips to schedule
- Adding about dialog to show version number
- Fixing bug in filename renaming on duplicate filename for mp3s
- Fixing bug where quick recording did not stop when time was selected
- Fixing schedule so shows starting before the week begins are displayed
29 Oct 2011 (v1.00.0.93)
- Fixing bug where programmes were not saved or loaded properly.